Facts, Information, hints and tips to allow you to convert your diesel engined vehicle to run on waste vegetable oil (wvo). Bookmark the Vegoil Pages Now!
Review of the available Vegetable Oil Conversion Kits
This page reviews the available vegoil conversion kits that are available to convert your diesel engine to run on SVO (Straight Vegetable Oil) or WVO (Waste Vegetable Oil). Included are reviews of single tank systems and dual tank systems.
- Frybid Diesel / Vegetable Oil Conversions - Frybid supplies kits and all associated parts for wvo / svo conversions. They have a very informative web site; history of the diesel engine, theory of svo / wvo conversions, research and development and a great photo gallery. There is also an active users forum which looks to be a valuable resource. Frybid is a great diesel conversion site supplying a good kit and lots of essential relevant information.
- Vegoil Conversions - Vegoil Conversions, the economical alternative to kits. Vegoil Conversions provides custom diesel vegoil
conversion components or custom conversion kits for
your diesels specific needs. Vegoil Conversions specializes in
conversions for extremely cold climates and very high
fat(solid) used vegoil. Vegoil Conversions also offer for sale "how-to" design files which allow you to make your own conversion components from common
off-the-shelf hardware, plumbing, and auto parts as
well as two simple designs for easy and cheap to make
wvo prefilter/dewatering units. Vegoil Conversions Mission Statement - "VegOil Conversions goal is to develop, test, and market simple components designed specifically for conversion of diesel and turbine engines and provide guidance to those wishing to convert these engines to non-petroleum fuel on how to most efficiently and economically do so. We serve a customer base which includes private individuals as well as commercial truck fleet operators."
- Goat Industries Eco-Xchanger Veg-Oil Conversion Kit - The Goat Industries Vegetable Oil Conversion kit is supplied with a ready-assembled eco-xchanger and a three way valve, solenoid and electrical switch-over fittings, plus the pipes and fittings to connect everything together. This vegoil conversion kits works on the dual tank principle (mineral diesel is used to start and flush at stop). The eco-xchanger uses engine coolant to warm the vegetable oil before it is passed to the injector pump. Has been tested by this company (based in North Wales) for over two years. Eco-Xchanger, 3-way valve and other parts can be purchased seperately.
- DieselVeg ATG Veg-Oil Conversion Kit - The DieselVeg ATG Veg-Oil Conversion Kit also uses the two tank system. The ATG kit includes: Heat exchanger, Veg Oil pre-filter, Diesel filter, Switching & Venting solenoids on Mounting Chassis including ATG's Diesel-Therm thermostatically controlled electrical heater, Dashboard Switch, plus wiring, clips and tubing neccessary to fit. There is also a 7 page instruction manual supplied with the vegoil kit. The DieselVeg ATG Veg-Oil Conversion Kit uses an electric glow plug to heat the vegoil on the way to the injector pump and does not rely on engine coolant to supply heat.
- Greasel Veg-Oil Conversion Kit - The Greasel Veg-Oil Conversion Kit utilises its own triple hose system to warm the veg-oil on the way to the injectors. The Greasel Veg-Oil Conversion Kit includes: Greasel's exclusive Triple By-Pass Hose, a 3 port, 12 volt fuel selector valve, a Brass 3-way valve (For purging air from the system), fuel line, zip-tyes, mounting clamps and connectors as required for installation. The Greasel kit is available as an economy version and a deluxe version, main difference being the size and quality of the supplied vegoil tank. Various fuel tanks can be purchased as well as a remote fueling kit. Greasel states fro their vegoil conversion kits - "Installation can be done with no specialty tools, and can be done by someone with minimal mechanical abilities". Greasel also supply Racor heated fuel filters and filter elements.
- Greasecar Vegetable Fuel Systems Veg-Oil Conversion Kit - The Greasecar Vegetable Fuel Systems Veg-Oil Conversion System is a two tank system that offers quick flushing (in under 1 minute). The Greasecar kit is a complete system that allows diesel vehicles to run on vegetable oil in any climate. The Greasecar vegoil conversion kit includes: Six Port Fuel Valve, Three Port Fuel Valve, Dash Mount Fuel Level Gauge, Tank Selector Switch, Heated vegetable oil tank, Heated 10 micron fuel filter, plus Hoses, Fuses, Clamps, T-Fittings, Harness and switches needed to complete the installation.
- Elsbett Veg-Oil DIY Conversion Kits - The Elsbett Veg-Oil DIY Conversion Kits are offered as a one tank kit and a two tank kit. Each kit from Elsbett is supplied for an individual car so you have to apply for a quote from Elsbett to find out how much the DIY Vegoil kit is going to cost you. Elsbett are a well-known German Company, established in 1964, that specialise in converting engines to run on vegetable oil. The conversion includes modifying the injectors of the diesel engine and the glow plugs to allow it to burn vegoil efficiently, this is only practical for certain diesel engine (check the Elsbett website). They have only recently started supplying two tank kits to enable other vehicles to convert to veg-oil.
- Note: Offline - this biofuels conversion kit website has disappeared (Jan 2009) http://www.biofuels.ca/ Neoteric Biofuels Veg-Oil Conversion Kit - The Neoteric Biofuels Veg-Oil Conversion Kit uses its own electric Veg-Therm inline heater to preheat the Vegetable Oil on its way to the injector pump.
Get listed on the FUSEL Veg-oil FAQ
If you have a vegoil or diesel conversions related website and would like to be listed at Fusel, please link to www.fusel.com first! I'll pick up your link and visit your website and if it matches here at Fusel, add it to a vegoil category. You can email me here...
FUSEL Veg-oil FAQ Accessibility
The FUSEL veg-oil FAQ has been tested for consistent appearance on a computer connected to the Internet... :-) No, seriously, I've worked to make the Vegoil FAQ at FUSEL standards compliant, to allow maximum access, and it should work well on Internet Explorer, Firefox, Opera and Safari.
FUSEL Diesel to Vegoil FAQ